Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reply to Elena V. - 6/7/2009 review

First off, I'm not quite sure what Elena is talking about when it comes to the piano. The two men that were sent to the job Dan and Denny, have both worked in the professional moving business for over 10 years. Because we already had two piano moves previously scheduled that morning, they didn't put the piano into the house until I arrived there with the piano moving equipment. I arrived 25 minutes after they started the job and I helped them move it into the house with no problems whatsoever! We had the ramp of the truck at the front door of the house on the landing with only two small steps each about 4 inches tall. We had the piano strapped to a 600 pound rated four wheel dolly and had floor protection from the front door all the way to where the piano was placed. She was not charged for having me as a third helper but only the small piano moving fee which is by far the lowest on the Moving Helper list! She as well as her husband and father were there and watched us move it in and was all smiles and mentioned no concerns to me before I left for my other moving job. The only thing I can figure is that because the piano which was located at the tail end of the truck wasn't moved into the house immediately, she must have assumed Dan and Denny didn't know how to move it! They've moved many pianos over the years and because of this knew enough not to move it until the professional piano moving equipment arrived! They also pointed out to Elena when they first opened up the truck that the piano was not padded with moving blankets nor was it even secured and it had shifted several times during transit!

Secondly, as far as the desk is concerned I asked Dan and Denny about it after I saw it mentioned on the review she left us and they said they got it into the house and then into the room without incident. I do recall though that when I was there I didn't see too many pieces of furniture on the truck padded with moving blankets as per proper procedure. Dan pointed out to Elena before they moved the desk that it was not padded or loaded properly on truck and that it had a scuff mark on the desk. He brought her on to the truck several times to show her damages that occurred because of improper padding and loading. He also showed her where the load had shifted toward the front of the truck because of the improper loading. We can not be responsible for what the loaders at origin do or don't do, nor the customer not getting as many moving blankets as needed. When we have a loading job as opposed to a unloading job, we stress to the customer that they need these moving blankets for the necessary protection against damage during transit. Dan and Denny are honest professionals and follow our strict guidelines of reporting any and all damages that may have possibly occurred from our's or other's handling of the customer's belongings. All of our employees know that to continue to be our employees they must follow our policy to be honest and report any instances of damages so that we can either repair or replace the affected item.

In summary, I cannot fathom why Elena gave us this review! I've tried to contact her to find out what the problem was but she has not yet returned my calls. The piano was transferred into the house flawlessly as I was personally assisting in the move both physically as well as in a supervisory role! If she can say that the piano wasn't moved properly when I know for certain that it was because I was there and did it, then I can give no weight to her claim that our crew was responsible for any damage to the desk.

Dan Beyer, Co-Owner of Five Star Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment